Founder of GamersOnTheEdge
791 movies came out in 2013 of which 49% of them were rated R. Only 18% of games are rated M (Mature), the other 82% of games are rated T for Teen, E10+ for Everyone over 10, E for Everyone, and less than 1% are rated EC for Early Childhood. Anyone under the age of 17 cannot legally buy an M rated game, which means that if they own one... an adult bought it for them. I am not asking you to stop buying your child or grandchild rated M games. What I am asking is that we educate ourselves, take responsibility for our actions, and stop blaming the gaming industry for the decisions that we make as adults. Are there games that I, as an adult, will never play? Absolutely, but for every one game I wont play I can name 20 movies I will never watch. Here is a link to introduce some of you to the rating system. The gaming industry has become part of our everyday life and we need not ignore it, but learn to use it in order to strengthen our bonds as families and friends.
Comment, like and share... in order to enter to win an Avengers prize.
(we'll ship the prize inside the continental U.S. at no cost)
We had our own little corner in the world of Emerald City Comics for our Munchkin players.
We had a great time, raised $268, made some new friends, solidified others, and got a few likes on our facebook. We did some good and had a great time doing it. All in all... lets do it again!!!